It is estimated that 60 to 70% of Indians suffer from regular digestive discomfort, such as bloating, acid reflux, gas, abdominal pain, constipation, and diarrhea. here we are sharing some tips to improve digestion naturally.
- 1 How to Improve Digestion – 10 Tips to Improve Digestion Naturally
How to Improve Digestion – 10 Tips to Improve Digestion Naturally
1. Drink a Lot Of Water
Drink 2-3 liters of room temperature, filtered water daily and as your body requirement, for example, your weight is 60 divides your weight to 10 answers is 6 so you needs 6-liter water in a day. Drink warm lemon water and add some herbal teas to it. It is a great way to increase hydration. Always focus on your fluids. Keep them at room temperature, not hot or cold, as your digestion doesn’t like this.
2. Eat Healthy Diet
It protects you against many chronic non-communicable diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. To maintain a healthy diet and consume less salt, sugars, and saturated or industrially-produced trans-fats. These are essential for a healthy diet.
- Eat plenty of vegetables and fruit: People with diets rich in vegetables and fruit have a significantly lower risk of digestive problems.
- Eat less fat: Fats and oils are concentrated sources of energy and Eating too much, particularly the wrong kinds of fat, like saturated and industrially-produced trans-fat, can increase the risk of constipation.
- Limit intake of sugars: Limiting the amount of salt and high-sodium condiments (soy sauce and fish sauce) when cooking and preparing foods helps reduce salt intake.
3. Good and Peaceful Sleep
Keep your bedroom at a comfortable temperature, not too hot or too cold, and as quiet as possible. Exercise at regular times each day before 3 hours of your bedtime. Avoid eating large meals at dinner they can keep you awake. Use low lighting as you go to bed.
4. Regular Exercise
It is one of the best things you can do for your health. Regular exercise keeps your heart, lungs, and circulatory system healthy and it will improve your overall fitness. Examples include brisk walking, jogging, swimming, and biking. Strength and regular resistance training and exercises make your muscles stronger.
5. Add Fiber Diet in Your Breakfast
Add high fiber food in your diet its helps to boost your digestive system.
6. Stop Drinking Alcohol
Avoid alcohol because it can increase acid production in your stomach and may lead to heartburn. Drinking can damage tissues in your digestive tract and prevent your intestines from digesting food and absorbing nutrients and vitamins.
Heavy drinking can also lead to :
- A feeling of fullness in abdomen
- People who consumes too much alcohol may also be at the risk of cancer in mouth ,thorat, liver.
- Drinking heavily reduce our body’s natural immune system.
7. Use Health Supplement
Take healthy Enzyme Supplements, they can be the key to taking your digestion and overall health and well being to the next level. Enzymes are important for digestion, health, and the functioning of every single cell in our bodies. Enzymes play a role in the healthy functioning of our immune system.
- Digestive Enzymes
- Peppermint Oil
- Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice (DLC)
8. Manage Your Stress
Remain stress-free because if you have Too much stress or anxiety in your head then it can cause your digestive system to go into overdrive because your brain and digestive system are connected. Try stress-relieving exercises, getting more sleep, and relaxation techniques. Stress hormones directly affect your digestion. They divert blood and energy away from your digestive system.
- Start mediation
- Get good quality sleep
- do yoga or some physical activites
- Do activites which you really enjoy
9. Eat Small Meals
Follow mindful eating. It is the practice of paying attention to all aspects of your food and the process of eating is good for the digestive system. Do not eat a heavy meal. Instead of it take small meals in the gap. Eating slowly and mindfully is good for every aspect of your food. It may prevent common digestive issues such as bloating and gas etc.
- Eat slowly.
- Take a healthy and small diet in the interval
- Chew ginger with rock salt before meals
- Do not take bath just after having meals
- Avoid Wrong food combination
- Always Include fresh food in meals because every food has its lifetime.