A healthy eating plan gives your body the nutrients it needs every day while staying within your daily calorie goal for weight loss. A healthy eating plan also will lower your risk for heart disease and other health conditions.With the growing availablity of processed foods, India has seen a surge in obesity and obesity-related chronic diseases like heart disease and diabetes.
Healthy Food To Eat:
There are many delicious foods and beverages to choose from when following a lacto-vegetarian diet for weight loss.
Try the following ingredients into your daily meal plan:
- Vegetables: : Tomatoes, spinach, eggplant, mustard greens, okra, onions, bitter melon, cauliflower, mushrooms, cabbage, brocoli and more
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, peanuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, watermelon seeds .
- Roots and tubers: Potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, turnips.
- Whole grains:Brown rice, basmati rice, millet, buckwheat, quinoa, barley, corn, whole-grain bread, amaranth, sorghum.
- Dairy: Cheese, yogurt, milk, kefir, ghee.
- Herbs and spices:: Garlic, ginger, garam masala, paprika, turmeric, black pepper, fenugreek, basil .
- Healthy fats: Coconut milk, full-fat dairy, avocado, coconut oil, mustard oil, olive oil, peanut oil, sesame oil, ghee.
Consuming unhealthy food can make it harder for you to lose fat and maintain a healthy weight.
Food to avoid:
For optimal health, minimize the following foods or avoid them altogether:
- Sweetened beverages: Soda, fruit juice, sweetened tea, sweet lassi, sports drinks.
- High-sugar foods: Candy, ice cream, cookies, rice pudding,pastries,cakes, sweetened yogurt, high-sugar cereals, digestive biscuits.
- Sweeteners: Jaggery, sugar, honey, condensed milk.
- Sweetened sauces: Salad dressings with added sugar, ketchup, barbecue sauce, sweetened curries.
- High-fat foods: Fast food like McDonald’s, french fries, chips, fried foods, bhujia.
- Refined grains: Products including white bread, white pasta, biscuits.
- Trans fats: Margarine, vanaspati, fast food, highly processed foods.
- Refined oils: Canola oil, soybean oil, corn oil, grapeseed oil.
- How much protein in broccoli||Amazing health benefit of Broccoli
- HOW MUCH PROTEIN IN AN EGGS??||HEALTH BENEFITS OF EGGS
- What is BP High?Which Food is Better For BP High
Avoiding sweetened beverages,fast food,fried items and products high in sugar can help you to lose weight and get healthietrack.
Smart Ways To Lose Weight
Aside from focusing on fresh, whole foods, there are other lifestyle changes that can help you lose weight
To create a calorie deficit that will help you lose weight, it’s critical to increase amount of acivity in your day.
Find an activity that you enjoy, whether it be a sport or working out at the gym.
Even if you don’t exercise formally, try increasing the number of steps you take every day. It’s a simple way to burn more calories and get fit.
To lose weight, aim for a goal of 10,000 steps per day and work up to that goal over time.
Practice Mindful Eating
Many people eat on the run or consume meals while they’re distracted.
Instead, make a point to focus on your meals and pay attention to feelings of hunger and fullness. It’s a great way to get more in tune with your body.
Eating more slowly can also promote weight loss by increasing feelings of fullness and decreasing hunger .
Another useful habit to control your food intake is to avoid eating in front of the television or while surfing the web.
Make Smart Choices
Eating healthy can be a challenge, so set goals ahead of time and stick to them.
This can help you maintain your plan, even when you are feeling tempted to make an unhealthy food choice, such as when you’re socializing with friends or family.
Reminding yourself why you want to get healthier in the first place can make you feel empowered and lead you to make smarter food and lifestyle decisions.
Summary Being more active,practicing mindful eating and reminding yourself of your health and wellness goals are excellent tools that can help you stay on track.