water can be found in the center of the green coconuts. Coconuts are known for their versatility of uses, ranging from food to cosmetics inner flesh of the mature seed forms a regular part of the diets of many people in the tropics and subtropics. Coconuts are distinct from other fruits because their endosperm contains a large quantity of clear liquid, called “coconut milk” in the literature, and when immature, may be harvested for their potable“coconut water“, also called “coconut juice”
1. Helps in weight loss:- It has absolutely no cholesterol, so does not increase body fat and also boosts your metabolism
2. Lowers blood sugar level:- Despite being naturally sweet, it is extremely low in sugar, so it lowers blood sugar levels and is very good for diabetics
3. Lower blood pressure:- It is low in sodium compared to energy drinks and high in chloride compared to sports drinks. Chloride reduces water retention in the body which lowers the kidney’s load and reduces blood pressure.
4. Regulates body temperature:– Coconut water keeps you hydrated, which increases your body’s metabolism and even increases sweating. Sweating keeps your body cool and helps in regulating the body temperature.
5. Facilitates Digestion:- Coconut water contains monolaurin, a monoglyceride which cleanses and soothes the digestive tract by actively killing intestinal worms that make digestion easier and reduce chances of digestive illnesses. Because of its high concentration of fiber, it aids in the prevention of indigestion and reduces the occurrence of acid reflux.
6. Controls Vomiting:– Coconut water controls vomiting making it savior for those suffering from ailments that cause vomiting such as typhoid, malaria or fevers.
7. Rich in Nutrient:– Unlike any other beverage on the market, coconut water contains the five essential electrolytes that are present in the human body. These include calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and sodium. Because of its unique composition, coconut water can be enjoyed by individuals with varying medical conditions.
8. Compatible with Human Blood:- Since it is isotonic to human plasma, coconut water can be used in extreme emergencies to quickly rehydrate the human body if administered intravenously. It is not uncommon for coconut water to be used an intravenous drip in poorer, third-world countries to save human lives.
It’s very beneficial to consume coconut water during the summer, especially if you live somewhere where the temperature and humidity levels are high. It rehydrates your body and provides essential nutrients. Make coconut water an essential part of your regular diet to benefit from it.